Location: Glasgow + Home Working
Job type: Permanent
A Technical Business Analyst is required to join a leading IT & Software Solutions Provider. You will be responsible for capturing business requirements, translating them into high quality specifications, and working closely with the technical teams to deliver valuable product improvements.
This new role is a key position within the business and will work with all key stakeholders within the organisation, duties will include:
· Work with other teams and customers to scope requirements for business cases
· Assist the Head of Product Development to prioritise requirements and maintain the product roadmaps.
· Produce detailed requirements documents and functional specifications
· Research current legislation and recommend product changes
· Work with development teams to communicate requirements and provide clarifications
· Work with the QA team to ensure delivered software meets the specification and that the acceptance conditions are met
· Support colleagues to produce user guides, implementation guides and online help
· Review and prioritise Change Requests and defects to determine impact, risk and action
· Actively participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives
· Organise, attend and present at customer, user group and other meetings
· Ability to work through existing user documentation to understand and document Business Use Cases
· A range and depth of experience across entire Software Development Lifecycle ideally gained at Software Product companies
· Great communicator. This is essential to ensure all stakeholders and team members have a common understanding
· Team player
· Proven ability to deliver to timescales
· Competent in the use of MS Office products
· Excellent knowledge and practical experience using Business Analysis Tools and Techniques – including UML, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Model, etc.
· Ability to build strong working relationships within and outside of the team
· Customer facing, commercially savvy.
Candidates are required to travel, this may include working abroad with customers and partners.