Data Analyst is required to join a leading IT & Software Solutions Provider. The Data Analyst will be responsible for analysing demographic data from customers during the implementation of a Master Data Management solution.
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Glasgow with travel to the US
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
The Data Analyst will have primary responsibility for analysing quality, cleanliness and completeness of a customer’s data as part of the products implementation project. Extensive data manipulation techniques will be required; however, training will be provided to ensure you have in-depth knowledge of products.
The Data Analyst must be able to use statistical, modelling and analytical techniques to analyse data. You should be able to translate complex mathematical findings to a narrative that is easily digestible by customers.
Typical tasks would include
- Participate in the project kick-off meetings
- Interview customers regarding background, content and quality of existing data.
- Identify most appropriate data to be analysed for project
- Receive extract of data from customer and perform statistical analysis·Identify data inconsistencies within the data set
- Identify inconsistencies between the data and external reference data e.g. census information.
- Identify data that is appropriate for cleansing, re-positioning and standardisation.
- Liaise with Project Manager on project issues
- An Honours, Master’s or Doctorate in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or another relevant subject would be necessary
- Ability to work with large volumes of data (millions of rows, multiple tables and data sources)
- Data Manipulation Skills using T–SQL / PL-SQL
- Experience of data mapping tools or techniques
- Critical thinking / Problem Solver
- Analytical and logical approach to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also take responsibility for deliverables personally
- Ability to run workshops with customers and communicate effectively on the phone and in email
- Full UK Driving license