Head of Product Development
Head of Product Development is required to join a leading IT & Software Solutions Provider. The role is a key position and will be responsible for the delivery of software for core business operations.
The main purpose of the role is to proactively seek out market and customer insight to determine the Product Strategy and Roadmap for the business, duties will include:
- Responsibility for the functions of software development, requirements gathering, QA and support services.
- To maintain knowledge of market sector, good practice and methodologies to provide advice and updates to the team.
- Responsible for key technology decisions and architectural direction of the product.
- Develop and deliver new product modules and enhancements to existing software
- Feed into the business unit strategy e.g. procedures and changes
- Attend monthly management meetings with other team managers
- Management of the Development team, including QA, Requirements Analysis and Support.
- To set, monitor, motivate and review team and individual objectives and performance
- Responsibility for the monitoring of response times to ensure agreed deadlines are met
- Report performance against KPIs.
- Manage customer escalations to a successful resolution ensuring that appropriate customer and internal communication is maintained.
- Management and analysis of issues including prioritisation of development projects
- Provide support for pre-sales team when required, including involvement in bid documentation and Proof of Concepts.
- Experience of managing Software development teams
- Experience of managing a team of staff with differing levels of knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical development background within relevant Development environment
- Proven experience of development of a product, from concept to completion
- Personnel management with the ability to manage change of priorities at short notice
- Ability to deal with demanding product and project development plans
- Experience of direct contact with customers.