We are currently recruiting for a HR Consultant to join our client, a leading provider of IT solutions based in Hull.
Job Title: HR (People) Consultant
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time available, FTC up to 12 months’
Salary: up to £26,000 (pro rata)
Working as the HR Consultant you will have the following responsibilities;
- Advise, guide and support line managers in the relevant locations and business areas on the application of key HR policies including performance, disciplinary, sickness, grievance, appraisal, recruitment and selection and change management ensuring that legislation, policy and best practice are adhered to.
- Participate in all formal HR processes including disciplinaries, grievances and all consultation processes
- Work in conjunction with the Principal HR Consultants to support TUPE and acquisition processes supporting on integration as and where relevant.
- Support line managers in recruitment and selection (including graduate and apprentice recruitment) up to Manager level ensuring that best practice is followed and our client’s values are adhered to.
- Be responsible for reviewing and writing of the company’s HR policies in ensuring they reflect current legislation and best practice in tackling the cause of issues.
- Deliver excellent problem-solving skills in understanding the implications of various issues and situations in delivering credible solutions on operational issues.
- Process workforce information to identify trends in performance and behaviour, including turnover, absenteeism, vacancy rates while raising line manager awareness.
The successful candidate will possess a wide range of operational HR skills including all employee relation areas, case management and will have the proven ability to provide advice on HR Policies and Procedures and also the ability to manage several operational issues at once whilst ensuring that each project is delivered to the company requirements.
Candidates will have strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills along with high attention to detail. You will be IT literate with a good understanding of HR and IT systems.
It is preferred that you are educated to CIPD level 5 or equivalent and that you have experience of working in areas of HR. Some experience in dealing with trade unions is preferable.