Revenues & Benefits Officer required to join client based in Gloucester.
Job Title: Revenues & Benefits Officer
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Job Type: 12 month FTC
Working as the Revenues & Benefits Officer you will be responsible for;
- To identify and process the correct liability for each property, checking and issuing appropriate bills, forms and notices.
- To agree and set up Direct Debit arrangements, amendments, cancellations, special payment arrangements and action refunds as appropriate.
- To identify accounts requiring recovery action, making and monitoring arrangements with debtors and to take such action as appropriate in the case of non-payment.
- To process and determine claims for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support accurately and in accordance with the benefit regulations, legislation and guidance.
- Ensure that all appropriate decision letters, overpayment invoices and reminders are issued in a timely manner;
- Ensure that payments and overpayments are correctly calculated and coded for subsidy purposes.
- To access the Benefit Agency CIS system to obtain information relating to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar position and will have the ability to make decisions in relation to Revenues and Benefits relating to benefits, liability, payment arrangements and recovery procedures etc. as appropriate. You will be a strong communicator both written and verbally and you will be able to relay complex information clearly in relation to Benefits, Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates verbally and in writing.
If you would like to find out further information then please do apply.