Revenues & Benefits Officer required to join client based in Gloucester.
Job Title: Revenues & Benefits Officer
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Working as the Revenues & Benefits Officer you will be responsible for;
- To identify and process the correct liability for each property, checking and issuing appropriate bills, forms and notices.
- To agree and set up Direct Debit arrangements, amendments, cancellations, special payment arrangements and action refunds as appropriate.
- To identify accounts requiring recovery action, making and monitoring arrangements with debtors and to take such action as appropriate in the case of non-payment.
- To process and determine claims for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support accurately and in accordance with the benefit regulations, legislation and guidance.
- Ensure that all appropriate decision letters, overpayment invoices and reminders are issued in a timely manner;
- Ensure that payments and overpayments are correctly calculated and coded for subsidy purposes.
- To access the Benefit Agency CIS system to obtain information relating to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience working in an office environment dealing with customers. You will be a strong communicator both written and verbally and you will be able to relay complex information clearly.